The ITF is accepting applications to our third grant cycle. We warmly welcome applications from trans-led groups with budgets below $150,000 USD based in any region of the world. The deadline to apply is December 1, 2018 at 5pm (ET/New York time).
Applying for a Grant
If you are thinking about applying for a grant, here is what you need to know:
- The ITF is flexible and open to funding different forms of organizing. You can be organized as a collective, support group, formal organization, network, project, etc. However, in order to be eligible, your group must be trans-led (a definition is available here).
- Your group does not need to be registered.
- We prefer to make core/general support grants. We trust groups to know what they need. If your group would like to apply for project funding, you can specify this as part of your funding request.
- We are only able to make one-year grants. Most grants will range between $10,000 and $30,000. Grants up to $50,000 may be considered in special circumstances. We do not accept applications for funding of more than $50,000 or less than $5,000.
- We accept applications for funding in English, French, Russian, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- All groups must complete the ITF’s application form (available here).
- In order to promote accessibility for all groups, the ITF welcomes video applications. This is limited to organizations that do not have the capacity to write an application but are better able to provide a spoken application in one of our languages (learn more at the bottom of this page).
- This is a highly competitive process. If you applied in the past but were unsuccessful, you may apply again. We strongly encourage you to read the Application Guidelines (here). We are also hosting webinars in several regions, learn more on our website.
- You can find more information at www.transfund.org or contact email@example.com.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)