The ITF is accepting grant applications from trans-led groups with budgets below $150,000 USD based in any region of the world. The deadline to apply is February 12, 5pm (EST/New York time).
We know that writing applications can be a challenging process so we have put together Application Guidelines (which are available in English, Spanish, French, Russian and simplified Chinese) to help you write a strong and competitive application.
If you are still not sure how to get started, here are 5 tips for writing a competitive application:
- Remember your reviewer. Your application will be reviewed by ITF’s GMP who are trans activists from different parts of the world. This means you should write to your peers, but know they may be peers who know very little about your working context. Trans activists know the importance of your work, just remember to describe its specifics well.
- Be clear and concise. Applications should not exceed six pages (plus budget template). In order to fairly evaluate applications, any content beyond six pages will not be reviewed.
- Follow the 3-2-1 formula. Due to the strict page limit, you need to be strategic with how you use your space. We suggest that you allocate up to three pages to PART 1: Organizational Background, two pages to PART 2: Funding Request and one page to PART 3: Financial Information and PART 4: Referees.
- Be realistic. You are the experts of what needs to be done in your context so tell us what your group wants to do and not what you think we want to hear. The best applications are ambitious but realistic. This also includes the budget – ask for the funding that your group needs to do the work.
- Make sure your application is complete. Fill in all fields of the application form and include all the requested details. The ITF will not follow-up on incomplete applications.
To download the application form and budget template, please go here.
If you are unable to write an application, we also accept video applications. The video should be a maximum of 10 minutes and answer all the questions in the application form. If you’re interested, you can find more information when you scroll to the bottom of this page.